Check back frequently for updates: 6/12/21 update: We received notification from the Planning Department via snail mail Friday 6/11/21 that the hearing will be held Tuesday 6/22/21 at 10:30 (time certain, according to the notice) via Zoom. We have not been provided with a Zoom link and were told to check back on Friday June18th using the following link: https://humboldt.legistar.com and clicking on the agenda for the 6/22 meeting.
Please email comments (see “Letters” below) by Wednesday 6/16/21 at noon. We originally had until Monday 6/14 at noon but after many calls to various BOS members, we were given an extra 48 hours for comments. Is the Planning Department trying to suppress community input and participation?
We requested an extension for the hearing but this was denied. Lane DeVries would not agree to an extension.
Letters (see “Sample Letters” page and “Arguments” page for ideas)
- Write an email to the Board of Supervisors requesting that they not uphold the decision of the Planning Commission and ask that they, at a minimum, require an EIR before this can move forward. The emails should go to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- CC the above email to all the Board of Supervisors:
3. Attend the hearing on Tuesday 6/22/21 and speak out against this corporate grow. When we have the Zoom link on Friday 6/18, we will post it here. During the public comment period of the hearing, you will have either 2 minutes or 3 minutes to comment (we’ve been told 3 minutes but that was changed at the last minute at the 4/21 Planning Commission meeting!). FYI-since the meeting is via Zoom, you will not be “seen” even if you join via Zoom. It will be voice only. You will also have the option of calling in and we will provide those instructions here, too.
4. Share this website and information with everyone you know.
5. Check out our Instagram page https://www.instagram.com/savethearcatabottom/ and our Facebook page Save the Arcata Bottom from Corporate Cannabis Mega Grows